Friday, May 27, 2016

I ❤️ Lars!!!

Let me tell you about a very, very special boy.  Gladney calls him Lars.  I call him my cute little Buddha baby!  Why??


Just look at his cute little shaved head and orange outfit!!! He is so adorable

He was honestly slow to warm up to us.  He's a little shy at first!  Gladney's rep, Mr. Wu, had just told me that he was in the hospital and we wouldn't get to see him during the trip when all of the sudden this precious boy came walking into the room.  I knew it was Lars immediately! It turned out that they had allowed him to leave the hospital wing, where he was recovering from a transfusion, to allow us to meet him.

You guys, it was ❤️ at first sight!  

My cute little Buddha buddy and I played and played.  He loves bubbles!! 


And music! 


And he is just so sweet and cute!!!

Lars is 3 years old and has thalassemia.  In China he is receiving blood transfusions around once a month.  Here in the US, he will likely need to be transfused every 2-4 weeks.  I am the mother of 2 children with thalassemia and am currently in process for a 3rd, so I am happy to answer any questions you might have about thalassemia and how it is treated here in the US.

This little boy is so special!!!


Is he yours??

Contact April.uduhiri@gladney.org for more info about Lars!

No comments:

Post a Comment