Tuesday, May 3, 2016

My Buddy Jack


Let me tell you a little bit about Jack.

Why??


Because he just might be one of the greatest kids I've ever met!! Some kids you meet in trips like this one are just special.  They have that spark, that presence that allows them to just capture your heart in a way that time and distance don't diminish.  My buddy Jack is one of those kids!!


This boy speaks fluent English.  Seriously- he understands every word I say and will even translate what people say to me in Chinese!  He's crazy smart!!


He's also incredibly funny!!! At one point during Advocacy Camp he was joking with one of the ladies that he was going to pour water into his nose.  Then he looked up at her as she told him it was a bad idea and said, 'I'm just joking! I'm not an elephant!!'  

What makes this joke of his even more incredible is that Jack has cataracts which affect his vision considerably.  He has one spot on his eye where he can see and yet at 6 years old he knows that elephants suck water up into their trunks! :) 


In spite of his low vision, Jack is amazingly independent! We watched him walk around unfamiliar places by himself and even go down stairs on his own.  When he tries to look at something he lifts it up to the spot where he can see.  We are so hopeful for what a family, medical care, & education could do for this amazing boy!!


My buddy Jack is funny and silly and a little bit mischievous, like all little boys I know.  I just adore him and can't wait to see who the lucky family is who decides to say 'yes'.  They are going to be sooooo blessed!!

You can see a new video of Jack here:


Jack is currently listed with Gladney.  You can get more information about him by contacting Mary Chapman at Mary.chapman@gladney.org




No comments:

Post a Comment