Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Leap of Faith


We have had many discussions in the Wilks house.  Which is the child for us?  Which child can benefit the most by becoming a part of our family?  Which child is God calling us to?  SO many questions and discussions...  One special child stood out from the rest, but there was a problem.

It wasn't the child I had in mind.  It wasn't the child my heart longed for as my husband finally softened to the idea and said 'yes' to adoption.  Saying 'yes' to this child probably means saying 'no' to another child.  A child we would love to adopt and have been waiting to adopt.  More than likely, we will be ineligible to adopt her when she hits the list.  This is a hard reality.  It would take an act of God to get her too.

SO for a couple weeks I've been learning all I can about this child's special need.  I've spoken with adoptive families who deal with this need.  I spoke with doctors about it.  All said the same thing: manageable.  Every effort I made to gain more info and find a reason to say 'no' just cemented our need to say 'yes'. 

Sometimes we have to surrender our wants to do what God wants.  So, we decided to take a leap of faith.  After much thought and prayer, this morning we submitted LOI on this child.  A wonderful child who NEEDS a mom and dad and sister...  A child that I know is ours.  God has shown us over and over again that we need to bring this kiddo home.

So now, we wait for China's approval.

Hope to announce it soon!! :)

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I can't wAIT to hear all about your precious one! Blessings and love! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shay! I keep anxiously checking my phone every 5 mins to see if I have an email or call from the agency telling us we have PA!! Haha!! I don't know how you ladies do this over and over again!! Oh wait, maybe I do! It is torture though... ;)

      Delete