Saturday, March 2, 2013

My Sweet Girl

I constantly stand in awe of the sweetness of my little girl.


She's growing up fast.  Too fast for this Mommy!


This weekend we've asked her some very serious questions about this adoption.  We've asked this sweet girl who's dreamt of a sister for all seven years of her life to consider a brother...


I know her heart breaks a little bit at the idea of missing out on the sister she longs for.  My mommy heart has prepared for another daughter too!


But there are so many boys!  Adorable boys with manageable conditions who are ready for families NOW...

 
I asked her what she thought... Expecting to hear about the bunk bed, sharing a room, all the dance stuff she's saved for her little sister.  I expected her answer to be "no".
 
 

But she carefully considered, and then with much sacrifice to her own wants, told me that if God wants us to bring a boy home... then she will love her brother.

And watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with him.

My sweet girl, my loving girl.  Your heart constantly amazes me.  No matter what happens, I know this child is going to have the greatest big sister they could have ever dreamt of!

So now we pray and we wait...
for God to make our path clear...

Say a prayer for us.  Big decisions are taking place in the Wilks house!

Thanks for stopping by!
Fannie

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet girl ! I bet no matter where your hearts lead you , you will all be over the moon happy!
    What is important , is being a family . Families share their hearts and home and love.
    Can't wait to see where your hearts lead
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that's the sweetest post ever! Precious girl and sweet one waiting!!! Can't wait! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love her precious earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my first time to visit your blog:) I know how hard that waiting is during the adoption process...argggggg!!! It will be here before you know it and is sooooo worth the wait:)
    Your pics are awesome, and your daughter has a precious heart. Love that she will watch Ninja Turtles with a brother, too cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are really big decisions! Excited to see where this path takes you. Hope for big news soon!!

    ReplyDelete