Saturday, September 20, 2014

Day One: Adventures in Hong Kong!

Man oh man, did we have an interesting day!!

We decided to start it off with a trip to Hong Kong Disneyland!  Tickets to it are way cheaper than tickets in the US, so off we went!

 

We were shocked how quiet the park was, since last time we visited it was smack dab in the middle of summer and the place was a madhouse!  The off season crowd was pretty small!  Great news for us!




 
Less than 5 minutes wait for Space Mountain, so we rode it twice!!  It's a great version of it too, complete with music. :)
 
 
And Oh Man!!!  This is gonna be awesome!! Wonder if they'll be building one in the US Parks??


And NO Disney trip is complete without a boat ride through It's A Small World!!  And yes, when you have an adopted child from across the world and you are on the way to another one, the words of this song take on significant meaning. :)


These pictures are for Kate & Chengbin- Daddy & I were missing you guys so much seeing the Three Cabelleros and Aladdin, Jasmine, & Abu!!





 


Instead of a Haunted Mansion, Disneyland Hong Kong has Mystic Manor.  Where this cute little monkey opens the box & releases the Magic inside.  It is SO cool!!

And after riding Grizzly Gulch two times in a row & having some lunch, we decided to watch the parade and head out of the park for a little exploration of Hong Kong!

The floats at this parade were outstanding!  Seriously, I'm not a Disney parade person, but both times we've went the Hong Kong Disneyland parades were great!









And the last float of the parade had me almost teary missing the kids!!! Stitch is their favorite.  Kate has been in love with Lilo & Stitch for years, and while I had stocked up on Lilo, Stitch, & Scrump souveniers for them, I SOOOOO wish they could have seen this float.  Pictures do NOT do it justice!  It was amazing!





After the last float we headed off to grab a taxi back to the hotel.  We decided to drop off our souvenirs, do a little research on where the Bruce Lee statue is, and head out on an adventure into Hong Kong...

But first I tripped on the curb, sent my bag flying, & opened it to find a punctured iphone inside.  Seriously, the bottom left hand side of the screen is punctured all the way through leaving me with a dead spot on the bottom of my screen.  My phone is no longer a phone, since I can't actually hit the phone button to make a call... Good thing I put the international plan on my phone!! (sigh)

So we dropped off stuff at the hotel, broke my phone, and then headed out for our next adventure of the day...

Another blog post to follow!

Thanks for stopping by!
Fannie & Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment